Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:19:58 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_X11 knob for mplayer

Jeremie Le Hen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using mplayer as an MP3 mplayer on a small computer on which I don't
> want to install any graphical interface.  Thus I added the WITHOUT_X11
> knob for the mplayer port.  The patch is attached.  Note that I added
> an explicit dependency on imake in this case since mplayer requires it
> to build.

I didn't tried it, but consider this case:

I have the whole X stuff installed on my system, but still want to compile
mplayer without X. Will it use my installed X libraries then, or will it
compile w/o linking against any X11 libraries? What I'm missing is sth.
like

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-all-the-x11-stuff---really

It it won't use my X11 libs by defining WITHOUT_X11 even if I have them
installed everything is fine...

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/