Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:00:20 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   graphics/libfpx: use of bsd.lib.mk and warnings

[Cc-ing mailing list just in case it is useful for other port maintainers]

Mikhail,

I see that graphics/libfpx uses a custom FreeBSD-specific makefile which makes
use of bsd.lib.mk and sets WARNS to 3.
I think that this is an unsustainable approach.
First, the external libraries are not under our control and may adhere to some
different policy with respect to warnings.
Second, different compilers (gccXY, clang) may be used to compile ports and they
may produce new warnings-come-errors.

Right now, this is an issue for me with gcc46 as a ports compiler.

I think that the best solution here is NO_WERROR.
What do you and other port guys think about this?

--
Andriy Gapon