Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:04:12 -0800
From:      Todd Martin <toddmartin@techie.com>
To:        timur@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: samba-3.0.26a_2,1

my previous message read"

"to test further on the smb/cifs protocol issue... this morning,I
installed the latest source of samba 3.0.27a and tested connection
with mount_smb.
the problem persisted.  So I need to know what version of the port
still worked with this client.  Hopefully you know.
This is very frustrating.   all my windows clients work fine because
the support cifs, but my bsd client fails to operate."

I was incorrect.  3.0.27a DOES in fact have smb protocol fully
operational... i messed up my previous tests & was still running the
broken binaries.

I am fixed for now running 3.0.27a.   when might this revision be
part of the ports tree ?

S. Todd Martin