Date:      13 Jul 1995 23:46:00 +0200
From:      knarf@nasim.cube.net (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   diffs and checksums

Hi!

I always wondered why all the patches are context and not unified
diffs.  Unified diffs are much more readable and easier to edit. I
always read the diffs before doing the make and I sometimes disagree
with some (configuration) settings and want to edit the patches.

It also would be a good idea to have an additional md5 file for the
_uncompressed_ original archive. I really *hate* compress (.Z) and I
always do a znew on these files but this leads into checksum mismatch.
I usually get the distfiles from my own public archive and it would be
nice to look for .tar.gz if EXTRACT_SUFX is .tar.Z and then check
something like files/tar.md5 instead of files/md5.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!