Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 18:52:42 -0400
From:      Alex Heiphetz <heiphetz@cvzoom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   100% dependability/failsafe/security/hardware

Hi:

I have experience running FreeBSD servers (web and database/mySQL),
but now  I'm looking at a project that requires 100% uptime and 100%
security (yea, I know, but we got to make everything possible).
Since this list is delivered to the best and the brightest in the
FreeBSD world, I decided to ask your thoughts on;

1. What RAID is fastest/most dependable/comes with monitoring software
for FreeBSD?
2. Are there any benefits to using expensive firewall programs as
compared to ipfw?
3. How to provide 100% failsafe system?

Thanks,

Regards,