Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:10:08 -0400
From:      "Dan Ouellet" <dan@goisc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   make install fails

Last week I successfully configured and installed a custom kernel.
=20
Today I tried to reconfigure my kernel and all seemed OK till I tried to
"make install".=20
=20
The "config, make depend, make" sequence all went OK, without errors.=20
=20
However when I run "make install", I get the following error:
=20
        # make install
        chflags noschg /kernel
        chflags: /kernel: Operation not permitted
        *** Error code 1 (ignored)
       =20
        mv /kernel /kernel.old
=20
This also is an Operation not permitted.
=20
Any idea on how to fix this problem?
=20
Should you need additional information or a copy of my latest kernel
config file, let me know and I will forward it.
=20
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter,
=20
Regards,=20
=20
Dan Ouellet