Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:49:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVsup bug??

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Lord Raiden wrote:

> 	Hey, I'm just now hearing about this apparent bug that was in
> CVsup.  Something to do with Unix turning 1 billion.  Tried to update my
> ports and it crashed CVsup, which upon patching it killed Elf that in turn
> blew the box I was working on all to dust.  So, I'm in progress of
> rebuilding this one from the bottom up.
>
> 	So, anyone care to explain to me this bug?

The bug created problems as of September 9, 2001, as I recall.

At this time, all cvsup servers should simply refuse your cvsup
request and tell you to update cvsup.

I've run cvsup (old versions) on machines and it never
blew a box to dust.

	Annelise
--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC