Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:40:58 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "David Haworth" <dave@fyonn.net>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel panic on install with vaio srx51p

hiya folks

I've just tried booting the freebsd 5-rc2 ISO on my sony vaio srx51p from
the firewire cdrw/dvd.  I wasn't really expecting to be able to install
from the firewire drive but I thought it might get far enough to net
install, however the rc2 iso has done the same on boot as the other 5
releases so far. I thought perhaps I ought to point it out :)

this will by typed in by hand as the laptop has no serial ports :) I'm
prepared to type in the relevant bits of the crash but I'm not typing the
whole thing in :)

when the machine is booted, the bios boots off the firewire drive which
boots the kernel. this gets quite a way but crashes completely at the cbb0
device.

here's what shows up from a standard boot, no variables set or anything:

--------------------------
cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer             = 0x8:0xc02481f2
stack pointer                       = 0x10:0xcd28bcc0
frame pointer                     = 0x10:0xcd28bcc0
code segment                      = base 0x0, limit oxfffff, type 0x1b
                                              = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1,
gran 1
processor eflags                 =  interrupt enabled. IOPL = 0
current process                  = 21 (irq9: cbb0 cbb1++++)
trap number                       = 18
panic: integer divide fault