Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:38:12 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>, Raphael Ahrens <tant.sinnister@googlemail.com>, Jens Jahnke <jan0sch@gmx.net>, Fernando =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: gvim GUI cannot be used

Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 13:51:08 +0200, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> > El 05/07/2013 13:20, "Jens Jahnke" <jan0sch@gmx.net> escribió:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > for me this does not work. Unless I hack the Makefile and force it to
> > > enable gui mode it just isn't compiled in.
> >
> > Try a make rmconfig first and then make install.
>
> And make sure /etc/make.conf does not contain any "offending"
> settings that might suggest you do not have or want X11.

(Half off topic, but I have too many X things on remote servers,
so to reduce that in future I thought I 'd set the same things
Raphael is being reccomended to Unset :-)

I searched on 8.2-RELEASE & just found
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:
1 x
	.if defined(_USE_GHOSTSCRIPT)
	.       if !defined(WITHOUT_X11)

1 x
	_USE_GHOSTSCRIPT_PKGNAME_SUFFIX=-nox11

Any others ?

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".