Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 00:06:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help: wiring down scsi devices doesn't work

Good evening,

    I have been trying, to no avail, to wire down a particular target
device to pt0.  Although config gives me no errors, and the kernel
rebuilds fine, it does not wire down the device... and instead reports it
(a scsi scanner) as uk0.
   In order for a hard-wired scsi device to work, do all devices need to
be wired down?

   Any help with this problem would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Jay

below is the relavent portion of my kernel config:

--snip--
controller      ahc0
controller      aic0    at isa? port 0x140 bio irq 11 vector aicintr
controller      scbus0 at ahc0          # Single bus device
controller      scbus1 at aic0          # Single bus device
device pt0 at scbus0 target 4 unit 0            # SCSI processor type
device          ch0     #SCSI media changers
device          sd0     #SCSI disks
device          st0     #SCSI tapes
device          cd0     #SCSI CD-ROMs
device          od0     #SCSI optical disk

---
Everyone can be taught to sculpt:  Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how not to.  So it is with the great programmers.