Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 19:04:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        "Mark L. Holloway" <mlholloway@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any SNMP tools?

FreeBSD does offer quite a few SNMP/packet capture utils.  For SNMP, check
out /usr/ports/net/ucd-snmp.  This offers command line snmpget, snmpwalk,
snmpset, etc. utils.  For a more graphical (i.e. HP OpenView-type)
interface, look into scotty, or check out http://www.gxsnmp.org.  For good
packet capture utils, I like the ubiquitous tcpdump, or traffshow, or the
nice GUI ethereal.  Trafshow and ethereal can be found in /usr/ports/net,
and tcpdump comes pre-installed in /usr/sbin.  A good decoder to go along
with tcpdump is /usr/ports/net/tcpshow.

Joe Clarke