Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:11:16 -0500
From:      "Erich Zigler" <needo24@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FXTV, WinTV, and Audio

Please excuse the use of a hotmail.com account. All email I send to any
freebsd list bounces with this error...

Oct 22 00:46:53 pendragon qmail: 1003729613.791458 delivery 1851: deferral:
216.
136.204.18_does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:_450_Client_host_rejected:_
cannot_find_your_hostname,_[216.178.136.165]/Giving_up_on_216.136.204.18./

On Friday I picked up my first TV/FM Tuner card. Yay me.

However I am experiencing some issues with the card and FXTV in FreeBSD...

Card Details
---
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdd002000-0xdd002fff irq 12 at device 15.0 on
pci0
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44371 B123
bktr0: Detected a MSP3435G-B6 at 0x80
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner, msp3400c stereo,
remote control.

I'm using FXTV version 1.03 from /usr/ports/graphics/fxtv

This program works great. Im able to watch TV, And I have followed the
documentation and am able to begin to code mpeg's without the script
producing any errors.

However when I set FXTV for "Audio Auto" I do not hear any audio. I have a
patch cable running from Line out on the TV/FM Tuner Card to the Line in
jack on my Soundblaster. If I set FXTV to "Audio Internal" I am able to hear
the audio perfectly.

Side note: xmradio does not need any tweaking to hear audio.

However, the issue is when I try to encode an mpeg with FXTV it captures the
video perfectly. No problems whatsoever. However when it captures the audio
files I get nothing but blank files. The audio files are much larger then 0
bytes but when I load up my player of choice and try to play the individual
files I hear nothing. The audio and video stream are multiplexed together
with no problems. But if load up any of my mpeg players I have the video
stream as clear as day. But the audio stream is null.

This also occurs when trying to encode data from xmradio. I can hear audio
all day long, but the audio streams are never there. They are blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone out there has another TV
watching or capture program that they really enjoy I am all ears.

Thank you all for any help you could provide.