Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:04:22 -0500
From:      David Magda <dmagda@magda.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation suggestion

Hello,

I'm installing DP2 on a Dell Inspiron 7000 so I can get the CardBus
support. I installed 4.4-RELEASE first (only CD available) and have
already setup the disklabels.

Now, under 5-DP2, when I'm at the disklabel editor I see the
'partitions' that I created earlier.

I can easily select the mount points and tell the installer to do a
newfs. However, I have a 300MB partition for swap but no easy way to
tell the installer to use it for swap: I have to delete it and then
re-create it. This seems kind of inelegant to me.

Would it be possible to have it that if you type in "swap" (w/o quotes)
for the mount point the disklabel editor will assume (ask?) to make that
'partition' swap?

Just a suggestion.

P.S. I don't subscribe to current@ (yet), so please CC any replies.

--