Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:29:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <le@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Seniura <pdseniura@techie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Q's about IBM TSM (was Re: HEADSUP:  ibcs2 and svr4 compatheaded for history)

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Paul Seniura wrote:

>> The linux client trips over the whole filesystem overlay thing badly and
>> I'm not sure disabling that to run just the TSM client is a good idea.
>> (Plus I hate the idea of maintaining custom kernel patches.)
>
> I've had no luck, likewise, with the Linux TSM client.
> I had never considered another compatible client until
> seeing your msg just now.

I'm using the Linux client with the nullfs hack.  Works rather well.  At
least the Linux client isn't as awful as the ancient SCO client.

> IBM says they need more "user base" to even consider a BSD
> flavor... go figure...

OK, go out and annoy your IBM sales droid.  I did.  No luck so far, but if
they ask for user base, give them some figures. :-)

cheers,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                         http://homepage.univie.ac.at/l.ertl/