Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:13:50 -0400
From:      Ryan Kelley <kelleyry@bc.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ps2 mouse errors

i'll throw in a "me too." I'm using a logitech wireless ps2 and x4.0.1. got
the error in x3.3.6 however too, so it's not X. only started occuring
somewhere before the fbsd 4.1-RELEASE (2 or 3 weeks before, maybe more, maybe
less). IIRC, there was some talk about this right before the 4.1-RELEASE, but
nothing was ever really resolved.

>===== Original Message From Michael Matsumura <michael@limit.org> =====
>I'm using a ps2 Microsoft intellimouse v. 1.1A in XFree86 3.3.6, and
>occasionally and randomly my mouse cursor just freezes and my syslog gives
>me the following:
>
>Aug 17 00:09:28 jupiter /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008).
>

>I'm running..:
>
>FreeBSD jupiter.limit.org 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Sat Aug 12
23:59:10 PDT 2000     root@jupiter.limit.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JUPITER
i386

>This has only started occurring since...maybe two or three weeks ago (I'm
>not sure).  I upgraded my system to -STABLE on the date above shown in
>'uname -a', thinking it was a temporary -STABLE problem, but apparently
>not...
>
>Any suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
>--
>Michael Matsumura
>michael@limit.org

Ryan Kelley