Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:40:35 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD][Newb] How I use sendmail to send mail?

On 2007-06-11 09:26, Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> Since I've used sendmail for a dozen years--largely by hit or
> miss and following others' examples' let me add my two cents'.
> A couple years ago I bought a (used) copy of SENDMAIL (by
> O'Reilly, whose books are usually ++outstanding).  I found the
> book virtually useless.
>
> It may be only *me*, but when somebody explains something to
> me, I get it.  Reading 50 pages of dry text is like eating
> sawdust, so if you can get one of the text-to-speech apps
> going, having that read parts (or all) of the README might be a
> big help.
>
> I see, down-queue, some helpful hints.  I have a bunch of
> cheat-sheet files; how-to's that have things spelled out in
> cookbook form or in practical theory form--things that are
> easily implementable.  My SENDMAIL file is many pages.  Maybe
> it's worth editing and putting up....

As long as it's adequately commented, yes please do :-)

I would at least try to skim through it, and see if I can learn
interesting bits.  Mostly because I was surprised to read ``many
pages'' [i.e. my own Sendmail configuration is barely 4 printed
pages of material, and more than half of them are comments].