Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:07:40 +0200
From:      "Erich A Voigt" <erich@voigt.org.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Q: What Components are required for a solid ISP??

Hi everyone,

I have inherited a ISP running on 4 boxes all with FreeBSD and a NT Box with
some Java Web Server.

As I have two links into the internet to two sources to the outside world -
they are only linked by 64k link. See Sketch
						Outside <-|-> My Site

                           50% of SA Users            BSD NS  BSD NS1
                                |                          \   /
                                |        196.15.1xx.x       \ /
Non SA Internet------Mb/s-----UUNET in SA-------BSD
Router---+----------+--NT Webserver
               \                |                            /          |
                \               |64k link   10.x.x.x        /           |
                 \              |                          /            |
                  \--Mb/s-----SAIX--------------BSD ROUTER/
Subscribers to
                                |         196.31.1xx.x
Internet

                           50% of SA Users

There is also Cache S/W, the Primary and Secondary Nameservers (namedb) the
2 gateways (natd) and firewalls somewhere on these boxes.

What should / could / must this configuration look like ?? I would like to
have another Webserver in a DMZ for EDI

Any of you with successful sites - Your configuration and s/w used would be
appreciated!!

Regards

Erich

Name:		Erich A Voigt,	Creator Solutions