Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 17:43:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gary Roberts <gary@wcs.uq.oz.au>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   The Mentors' Club (was Re: Gating hackers ... )

Rodney W. Grimes writes:

> > > Yeah, but as they say "Nothing engenders brand loyalty more than good,
> > > old-fashioned, personalised service".
> >
> > That's tellin' em, Gary!  Sic' em!  Go get 'em!  :-) :-)
>
> And as a show of my faith in what Gary is doing here:
>
> Gary, please put me on the helper list, and assign me my 1 newbie,
> when I am done with him I will ask for another.

Thanks Rod, you are now a *foundation* member of the FreeBSD Mentors' Club.
There are *obviously* going to be special *privileges* for those who join
up quickly :-> ;->.

I'll keep a list of all volunteers and as soon as we can get some sort of
working system in place, we'll kick the thing into gear.  Those following
the discussion will have seen the ideas for automation that are coming
forward.  I'd like to see such a system if a scripting guru offers his
services.  I think that Jonathan has offered but I'll let him confirm
that in public if he wishes.

If nothing *automated* surfaces, I will try to do it manually.

Cheers,
--
Gary Roberts  (gary@wcs.uq.edu.au) (Ph +617 844 0400   Fax +617 844 0444)
4th Floor, South Bank House, 234 Grey St, South Bank  QLD 4101  Australia.