Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:08:49 -0200
From:      "Joao Carlos" <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SYBASE

Ok, Thanks to everyone who helped me with the MAXMEM option in kernel.

Now, i'm experiencing another problem.
When i Start SYBASE server as the sybase user, it works wonderful.
When i put in /usr/local/etc/rc.d a script called sybase.sh with chmod 755,
it starts buit stops on Opening Master Database...

I'bve tried to put all files it calls with chmod 4755 sybase.sybase to see
if the problem was this. It did not work. Then, i wrote a program in C to
set the user ID and GROUP ID for the sybase user and group, and then execute
the SYBASE ASE.
It did not work.
I saw that it worked only when the FreeBSD finishes to start all processes,
including the getty to the virtual terminals.

AI'd like to know if anybody had this problem putting SYBASE to work, and
how can i solve this problem, or at least somebody tell me if there is a way
to start a program after everything in the system starts.

Thanks

---
Joao Carlos
jcarlos@bahianet.com.br