Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:37:52 -0700
From:      James Satterfield <jsatterfield@intertrust.com>
To:        "'stable@freebsd.org'" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvsup via socks5

I'm having a very difficult time getting cvsup to run via socks5. I'm using
socks5 from to ports for a socks client.
Here's a little snippit of what's happening.

jester# telnet cvsup2.freebsd.org 5999
Trying 205.149.189.91...
telnet: connect to address 205.149.189.91: Connection refused		#
Our firewall doesn't allow this port
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
jester# runsocks telnet cvsup2.freebsd.org 5999				#
Our socks proxy does allow it.
Trying 0.0.0.1...
# Weird huh? This appears to be a problem with runsocks and I think that's
the culprit.
Connected to cvsup2.freebsd.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK 16 1 REL_16_1 CVSup server ready					#
Taadaa!
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
jester# runsocks cvsup -L 2 ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
Cannot connect to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused		#
Doh!
Will retry at 18:38:52

Makes it a little difficult to track stable.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, if there is a more apropriate mailing list for this, please let
me know.

James.