Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 02:13:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        mark@quickweb.com
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, chad@anasazi.com
Subject:   Re: Netscape native version

In localhost.freebsd.stable you write:

>Finally, Communicator locked up on me last night - actuallly it locked
>up and took out my system with it.. complete freeze. X was still
>"displaying", but the keyboard and mouse were dead. The machine wouldn't
>even answer pings... complete freeze. Needless to say, since I've been
>running FreeBSD (almost 2 years) this is the first time this has ever
>happened to me. Lock up. Not even a crash. Nothing is worse, and horrible
>images of win95 were filling my head.

I'm very interested in information on this bug (which I think I've
ironed out of my system).

1.  What bpp are you running?
2.  Are you running Xaccel or XFree?
3.  Which video card are you running?
4.  Are you running with Backing Store and/or SaveUnders?
5.  How much swap/memory do you have?
6.  Do you have a large bookmarks.html ?

If anyone else sees this problem (total freeze under X), I'm
interested in hearing about it!

Thanks.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/