Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:35:12 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Gustau P?rez <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No IOMMU/DMAR with DELL 3020

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 10:28:10AM +0200, Gustau P?rez wrote:
>    Yup, sorry for the error. I checked the micro in the ark and it has vt-d:
>
>               http://goo.gl/CZZRHz
It only indicates that the CPU/northbridge has the hardware, but BIOS must
do a work to configure it and to inform the OS about the configuration.
Your BIOS did not.

>    in the bios, there's only one option to enable virtualization
> support, which is ticked.
>
>    The complete log is here:
>
>              http://dpaste.com/28FDMJQ

Dmesg would not give you any useful information there. A DMAR table
is either present, or is it not. In the later case, OS cannot use the
hardware, and if no option in BIOS is present, your only choice is to
complain to the machine/BIOS vendor.