Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
Cc:        compland@ism.com.br, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5x86

According to James Raynard:

		[[ Re 5x86 ... ]]

> Nonetheless, this question has been asked many times before (indeed
> I remember answering one in the last week or two), and it's much
> quicker to look in the archives yourself than wait for the list to
> come up with an answer...

		I'll spare the list any further discussion
		on the merits of which P5/K5/5x86 chip is
		worthwhile.  There is no black && white answer.

		But a thought here.  It would serve most of
		us to be reminded of How-To use the mailer
		to retrieve <<whatever>> topic information
		is sought.

		I've already salted away thousands of lines
		of topics that are of interest or that `might
		become' of interest.  Still, there is the
		occasional subject---like this 586 chip---
		that requires some digging to re-discover
		how to use majordomo to recover topics.

		Just a thought.

		gary

		PS:  Does Greg cover this in his weekly
		`how to get the most out of the mailing-list'
		posting?

<><>

The only feeling warmer than friendship is that of an old love.