Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 1995 11:14:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joel Zimba <jzimba@Access.Mountain.Net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   syscons hw cursor

Ok,
	here's a proplexing one.

2.0 had a fine little hardware cursor that looked
just like a cursor should.
hardware driven, blinking, happy friendly.

	2.0.5 has this line that is drawn there by some strange configurations options in
syscons.h

also, the hw cursor is placed at the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Why someone would rather have a picture there instead of the real one I don't know

It makes it damn had for my braille output device to track it, and reminds me of working on ibm mainframes or something, which ruins my day.

anyway, there are a couple of options which I thought might control this.

the is a CURSOR_ENABLE option which has a mask of 00200 or something.

I guess this could be significant, but there is no comment associated with this line.

also I can't set the dead_char to anything worthwhile.

I tried 00 but that didn't work.

I don't believe there is an ascii value associated with the real cursor.

anyway, if anyone out there has a clue, a tip would be appreciated.

tanks

Joel