Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:22:48 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AR9132 CPU and AR9100 wireless support

On 15 September 2010 04:24, Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de> wrote:

> That sounds really nice! =A0Is there some guide on how to prepare an imag=
e? =A0I'm quite familiar with OpenWrt (patching and building) and have a nu=
mber of routers (WRT-160N, WR941NL, 500gP) with serial adapters attached, b=
ut from the messages on the mips list, it felt the bootstrapping process mi=
ght be a bit dauting...

I'll go upload my cross-build scripts for -HEAD. It's actually really
easy to cross-build a world/kernel install; you can then cherry pick
binaries, libraries, etc to populate an MDROOT.
(Or if you're interested, install onto a USB hard disk and run a
"real" FreeBSD/mips live environment. :)

The major failing atm is a complete lack of flash filesystem support.
Well, the major major failing atm is "better" looking flash IO support
to write/port a flash filesystem from. I "just" boot the kernel+mdroot
from the onboard flash (and TFTP bootstrap things when testing.)

Adrian