Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2019 15:23:25 -0500
From:      "Clay Daniels Jr." <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        Evilham <contact@evilham.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r353072 > r353427 > r353709

Thanks, Evilham. I had read the thread lightly and hope it was fixed. I am
not familiar with patching, and mostly just do pkg install, but I do on
occasion make install from ports.

Right now I am sitting at two computers.

On the new Ryzen 7 with a MSI x570 motherboard & a MSI RX570 graphics card,
I have the base install of 13.0 Current r353709, no drm-kmod or xorg, fresh
and ready. I'm down in /usr/ports/graphics looking at my choices...

On my trusty old 2014 HP Pavilion I have Ubuntu installed, and this is
where I am writing this email.

I looked the email thread, and at Mark Johnston's patch. I can copy it to a
thumbdrive, go to the freebsd  machine and try to install the patch, but I
have hopes I can just find what I need in the /usr/ports/graphics
collection.

When I did my failed pkg installations yesterday I saw that pkg install
drm-kmod installed 3 packages:
drm-kmod: g20190710
drm-currentkmod: 4.16.g20190927
gpu-firmware-kmod: g20191015

The gpu-firmware-kmod pkg may be my problem, as the other two did not
change. I just looked at Makefile on the gpu-firmware-kmod port and it is
still at 2019-10-15. I am patient, and will not rush into this.

Clay