Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 09:22:11 -0500
From:      "Jim King" <jim@jimking.net>
To:        "Alex Povolotsky" <tarkhil@over.ru>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB CF readers?

"Alex Povolotsky" <tarkhil@over.ru> wrote:

> I'm looking to purchase CF reader, to ease my life with TRG Pro.
>
> I wonder if any of them works with FreeBSD... does anyone have real
> experience?

One of the models sold by Sandisk works great.  I don't have mine close by
to look at, but I think the model number is SDDR-31.  I think I paid $35 for
mine.

A couple caveats:
- Sandisk sells another model under the same name (but a different model
number) that doesn't work with FreeBSD.
- At one time trying to read IBM Microdrives in the Sandisk SDDR-31 reader
under FreeBSD would result in the Microdrive getting fried; I don't know if
that problem has been corrected.

Jim