Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:52:03 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
To:        carmel_ny@hotmail.com
Subject:   Re: Firefox: Video but no audio

Hi Carmel,

Do you have problems with sound only on Firefox ? If your problem is
that you can't get sound with any application, then please see the
output of 'cat /dev/sndstat'. If you get nothing, then you probably
don't have an appropriate sound driver loaded.

If you have an Intel-based board, try putting snd_ich_load="YES" and
snd_hda_load="YES" into your /boot/loader.conf

If your problem is Firefox-specific, then try editing
Tools->Options. On the Applications tab, see whether you have an
entry for MP3 Format Sounds and that it set to something reasonable.

--
Regards
Manish Jain

Laast year I kudn't spell Software Engineer. Now I are won.