Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:31:10 -0700
From:      Robin Schoonover <end@endif.cjb.net>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: latest current + latest ports + nvidia == no GL (pthread problem?)

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:02:19 -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:

> > The following entries in /etc/libmap.conf solve the immediate problem
> > with making GL apps work again:
> >
> > libpthread.so.1 libc_r.so.5
> > libpthread.so   libc_r.so
>
> Alternatively, you can remove the nvidia drivers and use the nv
> driver that come with XFree86.

If his situation is anything like mine, that won't help much.  the nv
driver doesn't know about 'DRI' in my card, so XFree86's OpenGL won't work
(actually, in some cases it seems willing to do software rendering?, but
some programs refuse to run without DRI).  I'm pretty much stuck with
whatever nvidia provides (which is why I doubt I'll ever get another nvidia
card again...).

Anyhow, I guess I'll have to help complain to nvidia..  I fear they may
want to wait till 5-STABLE before fixing anything though.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#