Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 12:13:03 GMT
From:      Stephen Tsai <tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu>
To:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MH 6.8.3 package problem!

>>  You could perhaps recompile MH to use a different address for
>>  delivery, but one large installation (similar to yours by the sounds
>>  of it) handled MH by running minimal sendmail configs on each of the
>>  diskless clients which just punted the mail straight to a server which
>>  handled the onward delivery.
I really don't want to recompile MH.

>>  You can do something similar, relatively easily, by running sendmail
>>  with a slight modification to the default sendmail.cf. Look for the
>>  lines:
>>
>>  # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
>>  DS
>>
>>  and change the 2nd line to read something like:
>>
>>  DSyour.local.smart.host
>>
>>  Replacing `your.local.smart.host' with the local server.
>>
>>  The reason only MH does this, is that most other mailers feed the mail
>>  as a pipe into the stdin of /usr/sbin/sendmail. So in effect, even if
>>  you did not run sendmail -bd (to run it as a daemon), you still ran
>>  sendmail to send the mail out. MH just requires that the daemon be
>>  present.

I have modify the line in sendmail.cf as the following

  DSserver.keck.lmu.edu

The server.keck.lmu.edu is the server machine of the network.  But it does not
seems to work.  Could you please tell me what this entry mean and what might
be the problem.  Also, I have one entry in the sendmail.cf is modified so
replied mails will be send to the server.  The line is

  # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading)
  DMserver.keck.lmu.edu

I am wondering if this will have any problem with what you have just tell
me to do.

Yao-Wen Stephen Tsai 8/17/95