Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:31:40 -0500
From:      Mark Lubratt <mark.lubratt@indeq.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I apologize for the cross post.  I posted the following question on
the freebsd-ports-bugs list and emailed the maintainer, but I haven't
had a reply (I've changed the subject line from the bugs post).  I'm
wondering if anyone else has encountered the following problem:

Hello!

I'm trying to install paraview-2.4.3.

I have an up to date ports tree (cvsup and portsdb -Uu).

In the paraview directory (/usr/ports/science/paraview), I execute
the following command as root:

# make install

I get the following error:

gmake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

This also happens if I simply run "make."

I've looked in the archives, but I didn't find anything addressing
this problem.  I also didn't find any paraview relevant notes in the /
usr/ports/UPDATING file.

Thanks!
Mark