Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:43:58 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux gnome libraries etc.

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:35:21 +0300)=
:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:14:08 +0100 Roman Divacky wrote:

>> > linux-glib2 is glib2-2.6.6-1, the lastest available for FedoraCore-4:
>> >  =20
>> http://mirror.eas.muohio.edu/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/glib2-2.6.6=
-1.i386.rpm

>> > The port won't ever be updated. More likely a new port, say
>> > linux-f7-glib2 will appear after the default osrelease is switched
>> > to 2.6.x.

I'm not happy with creating a new port, but maybe it is the only good =20
solution we can do. I didn't think much about installing a different =20
version depending on the default linux port, but I don't like this =20
idea much, as it may result in a nightmare. Informed opinions (with a =20
list of bad things and why it doesn't matter) in favour of this are =20
welcome.

>> ah.... good to know.. will there be some sort of "update from fc4  =20
>> to fc7" script?
>
> I need to think about it. Maybe standard portupgrade/else would be
> enough.

I think an UPDATING entry will be enough.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Real programmers don't write memos.