Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:43:38 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is your favorite board for a micro system?

On 8 March 2013, at 15:53, Erik N=F8rgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org> =
wrote:

> Hi!
>=20
> What is your favorite mini/micro/nano/pico-itx platform for home =
projects?
>=20
> I currently run a home server on an Intel mini-itx board but was =
looking around for something fun to play with with the following specs:
>=20
> - mini-itx or smaller, low profile
> - fanless
> - low power 12V external PSU
> - 1 LAN, preferably 2
> - 2 USB2/3
> - Flash bootable, but with option for hdd boot
> - GPIO would be fun
> - hdmi out would be nice
>=20
> I have tried VIA boards but found they were flacky...
>=20
> Any suggestion regarding ARM vs Intel based?

Look at the Mac Mini.  Only has one LAN though.  It does have a fan but =
I have never had it come on.  Runs 9.1 (amd or i386) although booting is =
currently a challenge.  I am working on that.  It does require 120 VAC =
though.=