Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:08:17 +0000
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmanager vs portupgrade

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:39:59 +0000
Matthew Seaman wrote:

> maintained by the same people (bdrewery mostly).  portupgrade requires
> you to install ruby as well: that's probably the biggest deciding
> factor still extant.

For me the biggest factor is that portupgrade doesn't stop on the first
error, it carries on building ports that don't depend on failed ports
and then presents a summary of the problems at the end.

This is a big advantage on desktop installations where there are a lot
more ports and they are generally less reliable.