Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:36:09 NZST
From:      "Crash Override" <mofo_junkhead@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing keyboard symbols

Hello,
I'm an NT admin that has been using FreeBSD at work for 5 years now.
But since we changed many of the servers in our company to FreeBSD I have
had a rather serious error while doing administrative work. The consolemode
programs (Why don't they all just have a GUI? argh :-) ask me to press some
Annykey to continue installation.
But I can't find this function key anywhere on my keyboard! Most of these
now-BSD boxes still have Windows keyboards, so I assume that this is the
problem..., but it seems braindamaged to me that FreeBSD wouldn't function
just because of such a trivial thing.
So far (since I don't want to risk messing our business servers up!) I have
been forced to press Reset, and some of the users have been complaining
recently, so I really need to sort this out.
Are there ms-keyboard patches that provide Annykey compatibility,
and if not, will FreeBSD support this properly in the future?

Sincerely,
Arne R. Muhsson.