Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 1997 14:32:21 -0300
From:      "Alex Antão" <luthor@prdf.mpf.gov.br>
Subject:   Re: --> Panic error -Reply

Paul T. Root wrote:

> In a previous message, Robert Clark said:
> >
> > If you're not willing to help someone else, why should I help you?

  No comments about this....

> This is a bad attitude. It's better to welcome him in and encourage
> him
> to join, than to beat him with a stick and chase him away. I believe
> we had a discussion like this last week.

Thank you. It's good to see that this list is still like it used to be.

> >    I'm triyng to boot my Pentium with 2.2.2-RELEASE floppie, but at
> the
> > end of the probes, I get a
> >
> >        panic : double fault
> >
> >        syncing disks....
> >
> >    and the instalation does not continue.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have a difinitive answer. I would first start
> with the floppy.  Floppies *MUST BE* completely free of bad sectors.
> Did you download the image in binary mode? I assume that this is a
> new install, and that you made the boot floppy in DOS with rawrite.
> Did it say any problems occurred.

  The disk IS free of bad sectors. I boot my computer at home, and it
"booted" correctly. No problems were found, and rawrite didn't said any
error.

      My computer configuration is :

          PENTIUM 133
          48 Mb EDO RAM
          AHA 2940 SCSI Controller
          HD SCSI 2.1 GB
          CD IDE 8x

> Alex, I'm leaving town tomorrow, so please make sure to send to the
> whole list, I will only be reading late at night and you don't want
> a whole day turn around time. I also would encourage you to join the
> list, there is a lot of good discussion on how to get various things
> going in FreeBSD. It's an invaluable resource for me.

   I used to be a member of this list, now I'm just subscribed the
FreeBSD list of my country. It's suficient to me, I don't have enough
time to read all mails from both of lists, I send e-mails to this list
when they cannot answer my questions there. I don't think it's necessary
to be subscribed.... :)

Thanks,
--
/ Alex Carlos Braga Antao           \ /_  __                    \