Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:32:44 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
Cc:        Henry Olyer <henry.olyer@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libjpeg.so.9 missing from my installation of FBSD 7.2

Manolis Kiagias writes:

>  Where you performing an upgrade of an existing system?
>  AFAIK libjpeg.so.* libraries get installed by the graphics/jpeg port.
>  This was (fairly) recently upgraded, and if you did not follow the
>  /usr/ports/UPDATING instructions carefully, you probably ended up with
>  some dependent apps still linked to the old version of the library.
>
>  In short, try the following (assuming you use portupgrade):
>
>  portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg

	graphics/jpeg is a dependency for a _lot_ of ports.  (100+ on
my system.)  Were I in  the OP's shoes, I'd run  pkg_info -R to find
out which ones and feed the (edited) results through pkg_sort.
Otherwise I might find myself rebuilding something like OpenOffice
at an inopportune moment ....

		Robert "thirty six hours and counting, tra-la" Huff