Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:08:25 -0800
From:      Andreas Persson <pap@garen.net>
To:        Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slab allocator for FreeBSD

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:12:49PM -0600, Mohit Aron wrote:
>Hi,
>	does anyone know of a slab allocator implementation for BSD ? Linux
>now supports a slab allocator in the kernel for efficient allocation and
>deallocation of memory objects.
FreeBSD supports this as well with the zone allocator. See
/usr/src/sys/vm/vm_zone.[ch] for for information. It does not have page
coloring though. NetBSD has a pool allocator which does something along
these lines as well.

--
Andreas Persson
pap@garen.net

"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space."
	--Shakespeare