Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2014 05:36:53 -0400
From:      bsdbernd@Safe-mail.net
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broadcom wireless drivers

Hi,

I have done the basic test you suggested on my laptop (a Macbook Air mid 2011).
See
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Apple_MacBookAir4%2C2?highlight=%28%5CbCategoryLaptop%5Cb%29
for more on this.
I decided to make more tests and to install FreeBSD 11-CURRENT on the Mac. It worked well using rEFInd. FreeBSD 11-CURRENT
runs now besides my Mac OSX Mavericks. The problem seems to be the wireless support at the moment because Apple uses Broadcom and that seems, if I am not mistaken, not to be too well supported at the moment in FreeBSD. Has there been work done/any progress on this recently?
If not,  is there at least a theoretical solution for this. I volunteer for testing and what ever :).

Bernd