Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:54:03 +0200
From:      Eric.Berenguier@sycomore.fr (Eric Berenguier)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   are VLB floppy controlers supported by freebsd ?

don't worry, it's my last mail on this list for today ;)

one of my company freebsd boxes is a 486DX-66 with VLB MB,
and it had a floppy+HD+serial+parallel VLB controler, and floppy
reading caused crashes (i sent a mail here sometimes ago).

this morning i went to the shop that sold me the machine and tried
3 different VLB controllers and every time it didn't work.
I had to buy a ISA controller !

any idea / comment ?

--
Eric Berenguier

                    SYCOMORE
31, place des Corolles - 92098 PARIS LA DEFENSE
             http://www.sycomore.fr