Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:33:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bob Vaughan <techie@tantivy.stanford.edu>
To:        dex@wankers.net (Dexnation Holodream)
Cc:        RHall@esigroup.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie Install

> That sounds an awful lot like a) you used the wrong driver, or b) it's a
> token ring card (16 TP is suspicious, since token can run at 16, but
> ethernet can't).

nope.. it's not a token ring card.. the Etherlink II is also known as the
3c503, and uses the ed driver.  the 16 TP refers to this being a 16 bit version
of the card (they made both 8 and 16 bit versions), with 10baseT only.

Bob Vaughan  | techie@w6yx.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@w6yx.ampr.org
             | techie@t.stanford.edu	| KC6SXC@W6YX.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM
	     | P.O. Box 9792, Stanford, Ca 94309-9792
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --