Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:36:05 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Thierry.Besancon@lps.ens.fr
Cc:        "Richard Seaman Jr." <dick@tar.com>, Thierry Besancon <Thierry.Besancon@tournesol.lps.ens.fr>, Pierre.David@prism.uvsq.fr, jt@ratp.fr, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, besancon@lps.ens.fr
Subject:   Re: lockmgr() panic

Thierry.Besancon@lps.ens.fr wrote:

[SNIP]

> It's 3.1-RELEASE, plain stock.
>
> Given it is a production machine, I generally don't keep in sync with
> current source tree. I freeze a configuration and I keep it over time
  ^^^^^^^

BzzzT !!!

3.1 is the new -Stable Branch. Even on a production machine, you should
follow it (for example every other week : a script was given in Greg
Lehey's Complete FreeBSD book just for this purpose : cvsup of the
sources, followed by a make world and reconfig of kernel + reboot - as
it is donne automatically, it can be done at a time when there are no
users)

	TfH