Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:30:10 +1000
From:      Warren Welch <wwlists@intraceptives.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-small@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Pico on a CD

Hi all,

I've been able to build PicoBSD form FreeBSD 4.1.1, setup to boot off CD,
and have a whole heap of additional bit's a bob's to make the whole thing
work...  (I've even got a splash screen etc. for my particular application.)

I've basically created my own, picobsd/custcd originally based on
picobsd/cust...  I doubt very much that we want to do that, but it works
and I'm semi happy with it.  If anyone is interested I can send a tarball
of the directory.

I use it to boot off, and restore a set of dump images of machines.  (It
lets me configure a bunch of same / similar machines really quickly...  A
bit like "Ghost" for FreeBSD.)  It also lets me use network utils
(dhcpclient, ping, traceroute, tcpdump, etc.) without having to have a
dedicated FreeBSD host on hand!

Warren