Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:22:06 -0300
From:      Carlos Eduardo <cartola@openit.com.br>
To:        Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel <fhagur@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of pt_BR documentation

Hi Fl=E1vio,

the mainling list at Fug-br is still up and has a lot of postings daily,
but the documentation project is really stopped. I intent to contact the
responsables very soon to re-activate the project and would like vety
much to count on people like you, if possible.

We probably will also suggest some changes in the original version, as
we have many feedback from the students, most suggesting more
comprehensive descriptions that are still the same in the english
handbook.

You can see some portuguese doc in:

http://www.openit.com.br/freebsd-hb

and in portuguese from Portugal:

http://npf.pt.freebsd.org/modulo.php?nomemenuitem=3DVer&fonte=3D/doc/manual=
pt/index.html

To subscribe to the fug-br mailing list you can access this page:

Let me know if you still have errors.

I work at OpenIT, in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, and we will continue the
documentation with or without the old group. We have participated of the
previous translation effort and one of us had access to the CVS tree in
the FUG-BR server. We know the main people and can contact them as soon
as we are able to work on it again.

Well, we can continue in portuguese in other messages... this was just
for people on the list to see this answer.

[ ]s.

Carlos E. G. Carvalho           OpenIT Solucoes Tecnologicas
Consultor Unix/Internet         Tel. +55 21 2517-6000
http://www.OpenIT.com.br
http://www.MyFreeBSD.com.br