Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:19:54 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updating ucd-snmp and lmbench

Hi, 2 issues before the ports freeze:

1. UCD-SNMP 3.5.3 is out; simply adding ".3" to DISTNAME= and "make makesum"
   is enough to make it build on -stable.  I don't know about -current so I
   don't want to commit the update without checking with other people who
   have worked on UCD-SNMP.

2. lmbench -- the old distfile is gone, and there's a new version in alpha
   test.  I have a port of the new version that builds but doesn't really
   run and doesn't package.  I could just find the old distfile and have the
   old port fetch it, or import the "upgrade" that kind-of works and doesn't
   package.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Bill