Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:13:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Salem <ben177@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   eterm "make install" failing

I have been attempting to "make install" the eterm port, but everytime I
get the same:

$ su
Password:
# cd /usr/ports/x11/eterm
# make install
===>  Extracting for eterm-0.8.8
>> Checksum OK for Eterm-0.8.8.tar.gz.
===>   eterm-0.8.8 depends on executable: libtool - not found
===>    Verifying install for libtool in /usr/ports/devel/libtool
     >> No directory for libtool.  Skipping..
===>   eterm-0.8.8 depends on executable: gmake - found
===>   eterm-0.8.8 depends on shared library: Imlib.2 - not found
===>    Verifying install for Imlib.2 in /usr/ports/graphics/imlib
>> imlib_DR-0.5.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://www.rasterman.com/ftp/.
fetch: imlib_DR-0.5.tar.gz: www.rasterman.com: HTTP server returned
error code 404
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://cthulhu.mandrake.net/pub/enlightenment/.
fetch: cthulhu.mandrake.net: Unknown error
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles//.
fetch: pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles//imlib_DR-0.5.tar.gz: cannot get
remote modification time
fetch:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles//imlib_DR-0.5.tar.gz:
FTP error:
fetch: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

The latter message "Stop. Error code 1" repeats a few more times.

The error message about not finding, and wanting me to install the
"Imlib-DR.0.5.5.tar.gz" file confuses me, I have looked in the distfiles
directory on ftp.freebsd.org, and cannot find it.  However, there are
some other Imlib files, but not sure if those are what I need.

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE, and for the most
part using the ports-collection that came with this
CD, but I have installed the "ports-patch" for my
version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Ben