Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:17:00 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modules: how to use?

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 07-Oct-99 Greg Lehey wrote:
> >  Well, the standard way to load a kld is with kldload(1) or kldload(2).
> >  I don't know if procfs works properly like this, though.
>
> Well I would assume (aha) that when mount cannot find procfs in the list of
> FS's the kernel knows about it would try and load it just like all the others..

okay, I had started to write down the whole error message last night,
until I saw that the process that died dealt with procfs and figured it
was that I took the option out...I'll redo it tonight when I get home and
write it all down and submit it...

Just to confirm, *technically*, I should just have to comment out the
options PROCFS in my kernel config, rebuild and reboot and since procfs
isn't in the kernel, it will look for it as a module?

Will report later tonight on what happens...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org