Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 14:37:47 -0300
From:      Joao Carlos <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new modem

		I've just installed FreeBSD 2.2.6-release in my machine at home and
experienced difficult moments installing my MOTOROLA VOICESurfR 56k modem.
It's PnP and I really don't know how to install that. In Linux, I used a
tool called PNPDUMP + ISAPNP.
		I'd like to know how to install this modem under FreeBSD and how to
configure the ppp daemon and script to connect in the Internet.

Regards,

Joao Carlos
jcarlos@bahianet.com.br