Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:36:07 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4 RC - sysinstall looks funny...

I realize that there was work done to sysinstall to standardize on usage
of things like enter, tab, and space. However, the resulting work looks
less polished that what was had previously.

In particular, the disk partitioning menus, when using a custom install,
aren't always showing the 'X' in the appropriate space. In addition, menu
options that don't have check boxes seem to have them 'ghosted', and the
way the refreshes are being done, you can really see them. It looks, well,
poor :\

I also just had an incident when leaving the custom distributions install
screen (ie - bin, compat, etc...) that it jumped back one level too far. Rather
than going to the custom install menu (with options, partitions, etc), it
went all the way back to the type of install I wanted to do.

I had to select "custom" again, which brought me to the distribution menu
again. It cycled this way 3-4 times before it finally let me back to the
middle layer.

I'll have to go back and play with it some more to make sure I'm not smoking
crack, but I think there may be some things we want to improve before we
go -RELEASE with 4.4

	-Brian