Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2015 21:03:12 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        arnab bhowmick <arnabbhowmick111@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use "kdesu" in KDE

El día Saturday, April 11, 2015 a las 08:55:33PM +0200, Polytropon escribió:

> Re-including the mailing list, hope that's okay.
>
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 23:26:21 +0530, arnab bhowmick wrote:
> > can you explain the topic to me, friend?
>
> I currently don't have a KDE environment to check, but if
> I remember correctly, you simply run
>
> 	kdesu <program>
>
> from the KDE "Run..." dialog or (much more comfortable)
> from a terminal emulator, such as Konsole or the classic
> xterm. This is a KDE program which will prompt for the
> root password and then execute the given program (and
> optional parameters). The "kdesu" program is part of the
> KDE installation.

Hmmm:

$ kdesu date
sh: kdesu: not found
$ su
Password:
root@c720-r276659:/usr/home/guru # pkg-static -R /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/ install kdesu
Updating repository catalogue
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date
All repositories are up-to-date
pkg-static: No packages available to install matching 'kdesu' have been
found in the repositories
root@c720-r276659:/usr/home/guru # ls -l /usr/PKGDIR-20141018/kdesu*
ls: No existe correspondencia.

This is with 11-CUR and KDE-4.14.2

But, who needs 'kdesu' is you have a terminal, xterm, ... and 'su'

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."